Education & Training
- T. Teichert (2017). Loudness and time-dependence of auditory evoked potentials is blunted by the NMDA channel blocker MK-801. Psychiatry Research 256:202-206.
- T. Teichert, K. Gurnsey, D. Salisbury & R. Sweet (2016). Contextual processing in unpredictable auditory environments: The limited resource model of auditory refractoriness in the rhesus. Journal of Neurophysiology 116(5), 2125 - 39.
- T. Teichert (2016). Tonal frequency affects amplitude but not topography of rhesus monkey cranial EEG components. Hearing Research 336;29-43.
- T. Teichert, D. Yu & V. Ferrera (2013). Performance monitoring in monkey frontal eye field. The Journal of Neuroscience 34(5), 1657-71.
- T. Teichert, V. Ferrera & J. Grinband (2013). Humans optimize decision-making by delaying decision onset. PLoS One 10.1371.
Clinical InterestsSelected Clinical Publications & Products
- E. Kalanthroff, T. Teichert, M. Wheaton, M. Kimeldorf, O. Linkovski, S. Ahmari, A. Fyer, F. Schneier, G. Anholt, H. Simpson (2016). The role of response inhibition in medicated and unmedicated obsessive-compuslive disorder patients: evidence from the stop-signal task. Depression and Anxiety.
- T. Teichert*, F. Marquet*, S.-Y. Wu, Y.-S. Tung, M. Downs, S. Want, C. Chen, V.Ferrera, E. Konofagou (2013). Real-time, transcranial monitoring of safe blood-brainbarrier opening in non-human primates. PLoS One. *Both authors contributed equally.
- F. Marquet, Y.-S. Tung, T. Teichert, V. Ferrera, E. Konofagou (2011). Noninvasive,transient and selective blood-brain barrier opening in non-human primates in vivo. PLoS One, 6(7).
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Promotes Tobias Teichert, PhD, to Associate Professor of Psychiatry
We are delighted to announce that Tobias Teichert, PhD, has been promoted to Associate Professor of Psychiatry by the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Dr. Teichert received his PhD in psychology from Philipps-Universität Marburg (Germany) and completed postdoctoral training at the Columbia University Department of Neuroscience. After serving for a year as an Associate Research Scientist at Columbia, Dr...
Department Researchers Probe Auditory Short-Term Memory to Learn More About Auditory Deficits in Schizophrenia
People with schizophrenia have deficits in some aspects of auditory short-term memory that impair their ability to discriminate between similar sounds. A new study from Pitt Department of Psychiatry researchers explored the short-term storage of auditory information in rhesus monkeys to learn more about how this process goes awry in schizophrenia; they found that monkeys and humans share a simple form of auditory...
MindScapes Art Exhibit Aims to Reduce Mental Health Stigma
Mindscapes, an exhibit of artwork created by Pittsburgh brain researchers and people who have experienced mental illness, was held at The Image Box as part of the Unblurred: First Fridays on Penn monthly art crawl. Drs. Lizzie Manning and Micah Shelton, researchers from the Translational Neuroscience Program (working with Dr. Susanne Ahmari and Dr. Ryan Logan, respectively), held the event during national Mental...
New Faculty: Dr. Tobias Teichert
Tobias Teichert, PhD, joins TNP Faculty as an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry The Department of Psychiatry is pleased to welcome Dr. Tobias Teichert to the faculty as an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry in the Translational Neuroscience Program (TNP).After completing his PhD in Psychology at Philipps-University Marburg in Germany, Dr. Teichert held a Postdoctoral Research Scientist position in the Department of...