The University of Pittsburgh’s Department of Psychiatry and its affiliate hospital, UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital, are known for exceptional academic and clinical accomplishments. Our priorities include:
- Providing the highest quality care for patients of all backgrounds and identities, and their families
- Equitably promoting the career development of faculty, trainees, and staff
- Actively expanding representation of minoritized communities in science and health care practice and leadership
- Pursuing the discovery and dissemination of new scientific knowledge to develop personalized and preventative treatments
- Partnering with community members to better understand and meet the needs of the individuals we serve.