Hader A Mansour, MD, PhD
Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Ravindranath V, Dang HM, Goya RG, Mansour H, Nimgaonkar VL, Russell VA, Xin Y. Regional research priorities in brain and nervous system disorders. Nature. 2015 Nov 19;527(7578):S198-206. doi: 10.1038/nature16036
- Hader Mansour, Kodavali Chowdari, Warda Fathi, Mai Elassy, Ibtihal Ibrahim, Joel Wood, Mikhil Bamne, Salwa Tobar, Amal Yassin, Hala Salah, Hanan Elsayed, Ahmed Eissa, Hala El-Boraie, Nahed E. Ibrahim, Mohamed Elsayed, Wafaa El-Bahaei, Zeinab Gomaa, Farha El-Chennawi, Vishwajit L. Nimgaonkar. Does telomere length mediate associations between inbreeding and increased risk for bipolar I disorder and schizophrenia? Psychiatry Res. 2011 Jun 30;188(1):129-32
- Hader A. Mansour, Michael E. Talkowski, Joel Wood, Kodavali V. Chowdari, Lora McClain, Konasale Prasad, Debra Montrose, Andrea Fagiolini, Edward S. Friedman, Michael H. Allen, Charles L. Bowden, Joseph Calabrese, Rif S El-Mallakh, Michael Escamilla Stephen V. Faraone, Mark D. Fossey, Laszlo Gyulai, Jennifer M. Loftis, Peter Hauser, Terence A. Ketter, Lauren B. Marangell, David J. Miklowitz, Andrew A. Nierenberg, Jayendra Patel, Gary S. Sachs, Pamela Sklar, Jordan W. Smoller, Nan Laird, Matcheri Keshavan, Michael E. Thase, David Axelson, Boris Birmaher, David Lewis, Tim Monk, Ellen Frank, David J. Kupfer, Vishwajit L. Nimgaonkar. Association study of twenty-one circadian genes with bipolar I disorder, schizoaffective disorder and schizophrenia. Bipolar Disord. 2009 Nov;11(7):701-10.
- Talkowski ME, Kirov G, Bamne M, Georgieva L, Torres G, Mansour H, Chowdari KV, Milanova V, Wood J, McClain L, Prasad K, Shirts B, Zhang J, O'Donovan MC, Owen MJ, Devlin B, Nimgaonkar VL. A network of dopaminergic gene variations implicated as risk factors for schizophrenia. Hum Mol Genet. 2008 Mar 1;17(5):747-58
- Hader A. Mansour, Michael E. Talkowski, Joel Wood, Lora Pless, Mikhil Bamne, Kodavali V. Chowdari, Michael Allen, Charles L. Bowden, Joseph Calabrese, Rif S El-Mallakh, Andrea Fagiolini, Stephen V. Faraone, Mark D. Fossey, Edward S. Friedman, Laszlo Gyulai, Peter Hauser, Terence A. Ketter, Jennifer M. Loftis, Lauren B. Marangell, David J. Miklowitz, Andrew A. Nierenberg, Jayendra Patel, Gary S. Sachs, Pamela Sklar, Jordan W. Smoller, Michael E. Thase, Ellen Frank, David J. Kupfer, Vishwajit L. Nimgaonkar. Serotonin Gene Polymorphisms and Bipolar I Disorder: Focus on the Serotonin Transporter. Annals of Medicine; 2005, 37 (8): 590-602
- Mansour HA, Wood J, Chowdari KV, Tumuluru D, Bamne M, Monk TH, Hall MH, Buysse DJ, Nimgaonkar VL. Associations between period 3 gene polymorphisms and sleep- /chronotype-related variables in patients with late-life insomnia. Chronobiol Int. 2017;34(5):624-631
- Sewilam AM, Watson AM, Kassem AM, Clifton S, McDonald MC, Lipski R, Deshpande S, Mansour H, Nimgaonkar VL. Suggested avenues to reduce the stigma of mental illness in the Middle East. Int J Soc Psychiatry. 2015 Mar;61(2):111-20
- Aboraya A, El-Missiry A, Barlowe J, John C, Ebrahimian A, Muvvala S, Brandish J, Mansour H, Zheng W, Chumber P, Berry J, Elswick D, Hill C, Swager L, Abo Elez W, Ashour H, Haikal A, Eissa A, Rabie M, El-Missiry M, El Sheikh M, Hassan D, Ragab S, Sabry M, Hendawy H, Abdel Rahman R, Radwan D, Sherif M, Abou El Asaad M, Khalil S, Hashim R, Border K, Menguito R, France C, Hu W, Shuttleworth O, Price E. The reliability of the Standard for Clinicians' Interview in Psychiatry (SCIP): A clinician-administered tool with categorical, dimensional and numeric output. Schizophr Res. 2014 Jul;156(2-3):174-83. doi: 10.1016/j.schres.2014.04.025. Epub 2014 May 17
- Mansour H, Alda M, Nimgaonkar VL (2002). Pharmacogenetics of Bipolar Disorder. Current Psychiatry 4(2): 117-123
- Mansour H, Wood J, Logue T, Chowdari K V, Dayal M, Thase M, Kupfer D J, Monk T, Devlin B, Nimgaonkar V L. Circadian phase variation in Bipolar I Disorder (BD1). Chronobiology International; 2005, 22 (3): 571-584
Highlights from the 2023 Department of Psychiatry Clinician-Educator Showcase
On March 23, 2023, Pitt Psychiatry clinician-educator faculty and UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH) clinical staff, residents and fellows gathered in the WPH auditorium for the annual Clinician-Educator Showcase, with additional participants attending the plenary session virtually. The Clinician-Educator Showcase is an annual opportunity for clinician-educators to learn about promising clinical innovations...
Hader Mansour, MD, PhD, Honored with School of Medicine Teaching Award
Congratulations to Hader Mansour, MD, PhD (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry), who was named a University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Clerkship Preceptor of the Year at the annual Curriculum Colloquium Awards. The Clerkship Preceptor of the Year Award recognizes faculty clinical preceptors who consistently provide outstanding clinical instruction in the clerkship setting for Pitt Med students. Ryan Peterson...
Hader Mansour, MD, PhD Named Department of Physician Assistant Studies Preceptor of the Year in Behavioral Health
We are delighted to announce that Hader Mansour, MD, PhD (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry), has been selected by the University of Pittsburgh Department of Physician Assistant Studies Class of 2021 as Preceptor of the Year in Behavioral Health. Dr. Mansour is medical director of the Addiction Medicine Services inpatient unit at UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH). For the past several years, he has supervised...
Congratulations to the UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital Resident and Fellow Class of 2020!
This year the Department of Psychiatry held our first-ever virtual UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH) resident and fellow graduation—a festive and moving online event, hosted by Michael Travis, MD (Senior Director for Postgraduate Physician Training), celebrating the myriad accomplishments of this year’s graduating class. The themes of community and family, as well as the outstanding care delivered during the...