Robert A Sweet, MD
Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Javitt DC & Sweet RA. Auditory dysfunction in schizophrenia: Integrating clinical and basic features. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2015 Aug 20;16(9):535-50. PMCID: PMC4692466
- Murray PS, Kumar S, DeMichele-Sweet MA, Sweet RA. Psychosis in Alzheimer's disease. Biol Psychiatry. 2014 Apr 1;75(7):542-52. PMID: 24103379 PMCID: PMC4036443
- Shelton MA, Newman JT, Gu H, Sampson AR, Fish KN, MacDonald ML, Moyer CE, DiBitetto JV, Dorph-Petersen KA, Penzes P, Lewis DA, Sweet RA. Loss of microtubule-associated protein 2 immunoreactivity linked to dendritic spine loss in schizophrenia. Biol Psychiatry. 2015 Sep 15;78(6):374-85. PMCID: PMC4520801
- MacDonald ML, Ding Y, Newman J, Hemby S, Penzes P, Lewis DA, Yates NA, Sweet RA. Altered glutamate protein co-expression network topology linked to spine loss in the auditory cortex of schizophrenia. Biol Psychiatry. 2015 Jun 1;77(11):959-68. PMCID: PMC4428927
- DeMichele-Sweet MAA, Weamer EA, Klei L, Vrana DR, Hollingshead DJ, Seltman HJ, Sims R, Foroud T, Hernandez I, Moreno-Grau S, Trraga L, Boada M, Ruiz A, Williams J, Mayeux R, Lopez OL, Sibille EL, Kamboh MI, Devlin B, Sweet RA. Genetic Risk for Schizophrenia and Psychosis in Alzheimer Disease. Mol Psychiatry, 2017. PMCID: Pending.
Mindscapes PGH Art Exhibition: Merging Art and Science to Promote Community Awareness of Mental Illness
The annual Mindscapes PGH art exhibition merges art and science to promote community awareness of mental illness, and raise funds for local organizations that provide services for individuals with mental illness. Mindscapes 2022 was a hybrid event, with an online sale and an in-person reception at Imagebox gallery in Pittsburgh. The exhibition was organized by Rebecca A. DeGiosio (University of Pittsburgh Center...
Pitt Psychiatry Awarded $33.5M National Institute on Aging Program Project Grant Focused on the Pathological and Clinical Progression of Alzheimer’s Disease
The National Institute on Aging (NIA) has awarded the University of Pittsburgh Department of Psychiatry a Program Project Grant (PPG) renewal for “The role of astrogliosis in aging and the pathological and clinical progression of Alzheimer's disease.” The Alzheimer’s PPG will be led by a multiple principal investigator team including Ann Cohen, PhD (Associate Professor of Psychiatry), Howard Aizenstein, MD, PhD...
The Department of Psychiatry’s 20th Annual Research Day
The 20th annual Department of Psychiatry Research Day on June 9, 2022, represented a joyful reunion for more than 400 faculty members, trainees, and staff, who had not attended a large in-person event together since 2019. The morning session featured 110 posters at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum in the Oakland section of Pittsburgh. In the afternoon, attendees gathered across the street at the University...
Robert Sweet, MD, Honored for Excellence in Mentorship by the American Psychiatric Association
We are delighted to announce that Robert Sweet, MD (UPMC Endowed Professor in Psychiatric Neuroscience and Professor of Neurology and Clinical and Translational Science), has received the American Psychiatric Association 2022 Research Mentorship Award. This prestigious award honors an academic psychiatrist who has fostered the pursuit of student research through direct mentorship of individual students or by the...