Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Sorger, B., Scharnowski, F., Linden, DEJ., Hampson, M., Young, KD.(2019). Control freaks: Towards optimal selection of control conditions for fMRI neurofeedback studies. NeuroImage 186:256-265.
- Young, KD, Siegle, GJ., Zotev, V., Phillips, R., Misaki, M., Yuan, H., Drevets, WC., Bodurka, J. (2017). Randomized clinical trial of real-time fMRI amygdala neurofeedback for major depressive disorder: Effects on symptoms and autobiographical memory recall. American Journal of Psychiatry. Apr 14. doi: 10.1176/appi.ajp.2017.16060637.
- Young, KD., Misaki, M., Harmer, CJ., Victor, T., Zotev, V., Phillips, R., Siegle, GJ., Drevets, WC., Bodurka, J. (2017). Real-Time fMRI Amygdala Neurofeedback Changes Positive Information Processing in Major Depressive Disorder. Biological Psychiatry. Mar 28. doi: 10.1016/j.biopsych.2017.03.013.
- Young, KD., Siegle, G., Bodurka, K., Drevets, WC. (2016) Amygdala activity during autobiographical memory recall in depressed and vulnerable individuals; Association with symptom severity and autobiographical overgenerality. American Journal of Psychiatry 173:78-89.
- Young, KD., Drevets, WC., Dantzer, R., Teague, KT., Bodurka, J., Savitz, JS. (2016). Kynurenine Pathway Metabolites are Associated with Hippocampal Activity during Autobiographical Memory Recall in Patients with Depression. Brain Behavior and Immunity 56:335-342.
Pitt Psychiatry Hosts Virtual Research Matinee—An Afternoon of Discovery, Reflection, and Celebration
Last week we reinvented our annual in-person Research Day as a virtual Research Matinee, a Department-wide exploration of innovative research, career reflections and honors for outstanding faculty and staff. Attendees included nearly 200 Psychiatry faculty, trainees, and staff, who tuned in for plenary speaker Mary Phillips, MD, MD (Cantab), followed by the perennially popular Speed Dat(a)ing, in which six...
Rebecca Price, PhD, and Kymberly Young, PhD, Receive the Laurel E. Zaks Memorial Fund Award for Novel Treatments for Depression and Suicidality
We are delighted to announce dual recipients of the Laurel E. Zaks Memorial Research Fund award: Rebecca Price, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Psychology, and Kymberly Young, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry. The Laurel E. Zaks Fund, established in March 2019, supports Pitt Department of Psychiatry research pertaining to depression and suicide. Dr. Price’s research focuses on how the mind...
Two Psychiatry Postdoctoral Researchers Receive Best Poster Awards from the University of Pittsburgh Postdoctoral Association
Congratulations to Department of Psychiatry postdoctoral fellows Laurie Compere, PhD, and Irene Tung, PhD, who have received Best Poster awards from the University of Pittsburgh Postdoctoral Association. Dr. Compere was honored for her poster entitled “Sex Differences During Real-Time fMRI Amygdala Neurofeedback for Major Depressive Orders.” Her mentor is Kymberly Young, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry. Dr...
Hot Publication - Young et al.
Randomized Clinical Trial of Real-Time fMRI Amygdala Neurofeedback for Major Depressive Disorder: Effects on Symptoms and Autobiographical Memory Recall Young KD, Siegle GJ, Zotev V, Phillips R, Misaki M, Yuan H, Drevets WC, and Bodurka J American Journal of Psychiatry, published online 2017 Findings by Dr. Kymberly Young show that real-time functional MRI neurofeedback (rtfMRI-nf) training to increase the amygdala...