Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Ladouceur CD, Kerestes R, Schlund MW, Shirtcliff EA, Lee Y, Dahl RE. Neural systems underlying reward cue processing in early adolescence: the role of puberty and pubertal hormones. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2019 102:281-291. PMID: 30639923; PMCID: PMC7085287
- Ladouceur CD, Schlund MW, Segreti AM. Positive reinforcement modulates fronto-limbic systems subserving emotional interference in adolescents. Behavioural Brain Research. 2018 15;338:109-117. PMID: 29079512; PMCID: PMC6338073
- Ladouceur CD, Tan P, Sharma V, Bylsma L, Silk J, Siegle G, Forbes E, McMakin DL, Dahl RE, Kendall PC, Mannarino A, Ryan ND. Error-related brain activity in pediatric anxiety disorders remains elevated following individual therapy: a randomized clinical trial. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry. 2018 59(11):1152-1161. PMID: 29603219; PMCID: PMC6165715
- Ladouceur CD, Diwadkar V, White R., Bass J., Birmaher B, Axelson DA, Phillips ML. Fronto-limbic function in unaffected offspring at familial risk for bipolar disorder during an emotional working memory paradigm. Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience. 2013 5:185-196. PMID: 23590840; PMCID: PMC3676715
- Ladouceur CD. Neural systems supporting cognitive affective interactions in adolescence: The role of puberty and implications for affective disorders. Frontiers of Integrative Neuroscience. 2012 6(65):1-11. doi:10.3389/fnint.2012.00065. PMID: 22969712
New Research: Maternal Response to Positive Affect Moderates the Impact of Familial Risk for Depression on Ventral Striatal Response to Winning Reward in Children
Adolescent offspring of depressed parents show diminished response to reward in the ventral striatum. Though factors associated with neural alterations in childhood are poorly understood, altered reward response may emerge before adolescence in offspring at familial risk for depression. A group of investigators, including Pitt Psychiatry scientists Judith Morgan, PhD (Associate Professor of Psychiatry and...
Pitt Psychiatry News from the 2021 Annual Meeting of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology
Following a virtual conference in 2020, the 2021 Annual Meeting of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP) was presented in a hybrid format, online and in-person in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Honorific Award Congratulations to Susanne Ahmari, MD, PhD (Associate Professor of Psychiatry), who received the 2021 ACNP Eva King Killam Research Award. This award honors outstanding translational research...
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Promotes Cecile Ladouceur, PhD, to Professor of Psychiatry
We are delighted to announce that Cecile Ladouceur, PhD, has been promoted to Professor of Psychiatry by the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Dr. Ladouceur earned her PhD in psychology from the University of Quebec, and completed postdoctoral research at the University of Pittsburgh. She has been a member of the Pitt Psychiatry faculty since 2005. At the Cognitive-Affective Neuroscience & Development...
Molecular Psychiatry: White Matter Abnormalities Associated with ADHD Outcomes in Adulthood
Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), the most common childhood neurodevelopmental disorder, is characterized by inattention and/or hyperactivity and impulsivity that are inappropriate to the developmental stage and interfere with daily life. Two of these symptoms, hyperactivity and impulsivity, tend to decline with age. However, inattention symptoms more often persist into adulthood, even among adults...