Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Sibley, M. H., Arnold, L. E., Swanson, J. M., Hechtman, L. T., Kennedy, T. M., Owens, E., Molina, B. S. G., Jensen, P. S., Hinshaw, S. P., Roy, A., Chronis-Tuscano, A., Newcorn, J. H., & Rohde, L. A., for the MTA Cooperative Group (in press). Variable Patterns of Remission from ADHD in the Multimodal Treatment Study of ADHD. American Journal of Psychiatry.
- Kennedy, T. M., Walther, C. A. P., Pedersen, S. L., McKone, K. M. P., Gnagy, E. M., Pelham, W. E., & Molina, B. S. G. (2020). Beers with peers: Childhood ADHD and risk for correlated change in peer and personal alcohol use across young adulthood. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, 44(11), 2350-2360. https://doi.org/10.1111/acer.14467
- Pedersen, S. L., Kennedy, T. M., Joseph, H., & Molina, B. S. G. (2020). Real-world changes in adolescents ADHD symptoms within the day and across school and non-school days. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 48(12),1543-1553. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10802-020-00695-8
- Kennedy TM, Howard AL, Swanson JM, Mitchell JT, Stehli A, Arnold LE, Hoza B, & Molina BSG. (2019). Adult substance use as a function of growth in peer use across adolescence and adulthood in the context of ADHD: Findings from the MTA. Addictive Behaviors, 99. doi: 10.1016/j.addbeh.2019.106106
- Kennedy TM & Ceballo R. (2016). Emotionally numb: Desensitization to community violence exposure among urban youth. Developmental Psychology, 52(5), 778-789. doi: 10.1037/dev0000112
New Research on the Social Determinants of Risk for Alcohol Use Disorder
Pitt Psychiatry investigators have examined the social determinants of risk for alcohol use disorder among Black drinkers, who have elevated rates of alcohol-related health problems and mortality compared to White drinkers. Sarah Pedersen, PhD (Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Psychology); Traci Kennedy, PhD (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry); Jordan Holmes, BA, (Research Project Assistant); and Brooke Molina...
The Department of Psychiatry Welcomes New Faculty Members
The Department of Psychiatry extends a warm welcome to four new faculty members: Traci Kennedy, PhD (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry) Dr. Kennedy earned her PhD in clinical psychology from the University of Michigan, having completed her psychology internship at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. She then received postdoctoral training in child & adolescent psychiatry at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine...