Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Goldstein TR, Krantz ML, Fersch-Podrat RK, Hotkowski NJ, Merranko J, Sobel L, Axelson D, Birmaher B, Douaihy A. A brief motivational intervention for enhancing medication adherence for adolescents with bipolar disorder: A pilot randomized trial. J Affect Disord. 2020 Mar 15;265:1-9. PMID: 31957686
- Goldstein TR, Krantz M, Merranko J, Garcia M, Sobel L, Rodriguez C, Douaihy A, Axelson DA, Birmaher B. Medication adherence among adolescents with bipolar disorder. J Child Adol Psychopharmacol. 2016 Dec;26(10). PMID: 27419273
- Goldstein TR, Fersch RK, Rivera M, Axelson DA, Merranko J, Yu H, , Brent DA, Birmaher B. Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for Adolescents with Bipolar Disorder: Results from a Pilot Randomized Trial. J Child Adol Psychopharmacol. 2015 Mar;25(2):140-149. PMID: 25010702
- Goldstein TR, Fersch-Podrat RK, Axelson DA, Gilbert A, Hlastala S, Birmaher B, Frank E. Early Intervention for adolescents at high risk for the development of bipolar disorder: Pilot study of Interpersonal and Social Rhythm Therapy (IPSRT). Psychotherapy. 2014 Mar;51(1):180-18. PMID: 24377402
- Goldstein TR, Ha W, Axelson DA, Goldstein BI, Liao F, Gill MK, Ryan ND, Yen S, Hunt J, Hower H, Keller M, Strober M, Birmaher B. Predictors of prospectively observed suicide attempts among youth with bipolar disorder. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2012 Nov;69(11):1113-1122. PMID: 22752079
Spotlight: The UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital Clinical Psychology Internship
The Department of Psychiatry and UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH) Predoctoral Clinical Psychology Internship Program provides a unique training experience, in a broad range of clinical settings, for clinical psychology graduate students pursuing a doctoral degree. The internship program is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) and is a member of the Academy of Psychological Clinical...
Sleep Influences Daily Suicidal Ideation through Affective Reactivity to Interpersonal Events among High-risk Adolescents and Young Adults
Suicide is a major public health problem and the second leading cause of death among adolescents and young adults. Identifying risk factors for suicidal ideation that are modifiable and relevant, such as sleep disturbances and interpersonal stress, is critical for suicide prevention. A group of investigators including Jessica Hamilton, PhD (Assistant Professor of Psychology, Rutgers University; former postdoctoral...
UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital Welcomes the Clinical Psychology Intern Class of 2022-2023
Please join us in welcoming the 2022-2023 Clinical Psychology Intern Class! The American Psychological Association-accredited program is co-led by Tina Goldstein, PhD, and Michele Levine, PhD. This yearlong experience adheres to a clinical science model of training and professional development, emphasizing research and clinical training integration, as well as a commitment to empirically informed approaches to...
Pitt Psychiatry Awarded $16.2M National Institute of Mental Health Center Grant Focused on Addressing Adolescent Suicide, with Focus on Black and Hispanic Youth
The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) has awarded Pitt Psychiatry a Center of Excellence (P50) grant renewal for Enhancing Triage and Utilization for Depression and Emergent Suicidality (ETUDES), led by David Brent, MD (Distinguished Professor of Psychiatry, Pediatrics, Epidemiology, and Clinical and Translational Science, and Endowed Chair in Suicide Studies). The Center is co-led by Bruce Rollman, MD...