Marie Anne Gebara, MD
Education & Training
- Gebara MA, Kasckow J, Smagula SF, DiNapoli EA, Karp JF, Lenze EJ, Mulsant BH, Reynolds CF 3rd. The role of late life depressive symptoms on the trajectories of insomnia symptoms during antidepressant treatment. J Psychiatr Res.2018;96:162-166. PMCID: PMC5698156
- Gebara MA, DiNapoli EA, Kasckow JW, Karp JF, Blumberger DM, Lenze EJ, Mulsant BH, Reynolds CF. Specific depressive symptoms predict remission to aripiprazole augmentation in late-life treatment resistant depression. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2018; 33(2):e330-e335. PMCID: PMC5773368
- Gebara MA, Shea ML, Lipsey KL, Teitelbaum SL, Civitelli R, Mller DJ, Reynolds CF 3rd, Mulsant BH, Lenze EJ. Depression, antidepressants, and bone health in older adults: a systematic review. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2014;62(8):1434-41.
- Gebara MA, Lipsey KL, Karp JF, Nash MC, Iaboni A, Lenze EJ. Cause or effect? Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and falls in older adults: A systematic review. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2015;23(10):1016-28
- Gebara MA, Siripong N, DiNapoli EA, Maree RD, Germain A, Reynolds CF, Kasckow JW, Weiss PM, Karp JF.Effect of insomnia treatments on depression: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Depress Anxiety In press, 2018 PMID: 29782076
- Gebara MA, DiNapoli EA, Hamm ME, Rodrgiuez KL, Kaskow JW, Lederer LG, Bramoweth AD, Karp JF. Illness Narratives and Preferences for treatment among older veterans living with treatment resistant depression and insomnia. Annals of Clinical Psychiatry. 2020;32(2):81-89. PMID: 32343281
- Gebara MA, DiNapoli EA, Lederer LG, Bramoweth AD, Germain A, Kasckow JW, Karp JF. Brief behavioral treatment for insomnia in older adults with late-life treatment resistant depression and insomnia: A pilot study. Sleep and Biological Rhythms. 2019;17(3):287-295. PMCID: PMC6800686
How Pitt Psychiatry Meets the Complex and Evolving Behavioral Health Care Needs of Older Patients
Skilled and compassionate clinicians and researchers at the Pitt Department of Psychiatry have developed innovative models of care in geriatric psychiatry, as well as training programs that prepare behavioral health care providers to deliver treatment tailored to the specific needs of older adults. Two essential components of effective geriatric psychiatry treatment—access and trust—are key concepts that guide our...
The Department of Psychiatry Welcomes Kale Edmiston, PhD, Marie Anne Gebara, MD, Lisa Germeroth, PhD, and Melanie Grubisha, MD, PhD, to the Faculty
The Department of Psychiatry is delighted to announce that Kale Edmiston, PhD, Marie Anne Gebara, MD, Lisa Germeroth, PhD, and Melanie Grubisha, MD, PhD, have joined the faculty at the rank of assistant professor. Dr. Edmiston received his PhD in Neuroscience from Vanderbilt University and began his postdoctoral training at China Medical University in Shenyang, China. He then joined the University of Pittsburgh...