Leslie E Horton, PhD
Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Horton LE, Bridgwater MA, Haas GL. Emotion recognition and social skills in child and adolescent offspring of parents with schizophrenia. Cogn. Neuropsychiatry. 2017; 22(3): 175-185. PubMed PMID: pending.
- Olino TM, Horton LE, Versella, MV. A comparison of psychometric and convergent validity for social anhedonia and social closeness. Psych Assess. 2016; 28(11): 1465-74. PubMed PMID: 26882080.
- Horton LE, Tarbox SI, Olino TM, Haas GL. Trajectories of premorbid childhood and adolescent functioning in schizophrenia-spectrum disorders: A first-episode study. Psychia Res. 2015; 227: 339-46. PubMed PMID: 25829134.
- Horton LE, Smith AA, Haas GL. The nature and timing of social deficits in child and adolescent offspring of parents with schizophrenia. Schizophr Res. 2014; 159: 27-30. PubMed PMID: 25112161.
- Horton LE, Barrantes-Vidal N, Silvia PJ, Kwapil TR. Worries about being judged versus being harmed: Disentangling the association of social anxiety and paranoia with schizotypy. PLoS ONE. 2014 9(6): e96269. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0096269. PubMed PMID: 24914672.
Research in First Episode and Clinical High Risk Psychosis
EPINET: First-Episode Psychosis Research The UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH) Services for the Treatment of Early Psychosis (STEP) clinic is an outpatient program for the evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of people who may be experiencing early signs of a psychotic illness. STEP is one of 20 clinics across Maryland and Pennsylvania that will be included in an Early Psychosis Intervention Network...
Career Development Awards are an Important Step in Transition to Next Phase of Research Careers
The Department of Psychiatry is a model of success for K awardees. The Department's successful funding rate for federal career development (K) awards is twice the national average, and typically 30-40 funded K awards are active at any given time. The keys to this success include the research environment, the generous availability of existing research funding, an outstanding collection of mentors, and very strong...
Leslie E. Horton, PhD Appointed to Faculty
Please join us in welcoming Leslie Horton, PhD to the Department of Psychiatry faculty.Dr. Horton earned a PhD in Clinical Psychology in 2010 from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro under the mentorship of Dr. Thomas Kwapil where her research focused on the study of social dysfunction in young adults with schizotypy. She is a graduate of the Clinical Psychology Internship program at Western Psychiatric...