Education & Training
- McGuier EA, Rothenberger SD, Friedman A, & Kolko DJ. (2021). An equivalence analysis of provider education in youth mental health care. Health Services Research. doi:10.1111/1475-6773.13659
- McGuier EA, Kolko DJ, Ramsook KA, Huh AS, Berkout OV & Campo JV. (2020). Effect of primary care provider characteristics on changes in behavioral health delivery during a collaborative care trial. Academic Pediatrics, 20(3), 399-404. doi:10.1016/j.acap.2019.11.008
- Miller EA & Azar ST. (2019). Additive contributions of social information processing factors and economic stress to maltreatment risk in disadvantaged rural fathers. Child Maltreatment, 24(2), 169-180. doi:10.1177/1077559518815616
- Miller EA, Paschall K, & Azar ST. (2017). Latent classes of older foster youth: Prospective associations with outcomes and exits from the foster care system during the transition to adulthood. Children & Youth Services Review, 79(Supplement C), 495-505. doi:10.1016/j.childyouth.2017.06.047
Education InterestsSelected Education Publications & Products
- Miller EA, Hee PJ, Bonner BL & Cherry AS. (2019). Training psychologists in integrated primary care and child maltreatment: Trainee and supervisor perspectives on lessons learned. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, 27(3), 541-552. doi:10.1007/s10880-019-09648-w
The Department of Psychiatry’s 20th Annual Research Day
The 20th annual Department of Psychiatry Research Day on June 9, 2022, represented a joyful reunion for more than 400 faculty members, trainees, and staff, who had not attended a large in-person event together since 2019. The morning session featured 110 posters at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum in the Oakland section of Pittsburgh. In the afternoon, attendees gathered across the street at the University...
The Department of Psychiatry Welcomes Elizabeth McGuier, PhD, to the Faculty
We are pleased to announce that Elizabeth McGuier, PhD, has joined the faculty as Assistant Professor of Psychiatry. Dr. McGuier earned her PhD in clinical psychology from Penn State University, and completed her psychology internship at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. She then came to Pittsburgh to undertake a National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences clinical and translational...