Education & Training
- Rofey, DL, Arslanian SA, el Nokali E, Watts J, Verstynen T, Sax R, Erickson KI. Brain volume and white matter in youth with type 2 diabetes compared to obese and normal weight, non-diabetic peers: A pilot study. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2015;46:88-91. PMID: 26287285
- Rofey DL, Zeller MH, Brode C, Reiter-Purtill J, Mikhail C, Washington G, Baughcum AE, Peugh J, Austin H, Jenkins T, Courcoulas AP. A multisite view of psychosocial risks in patients presenting for bariatric surgery. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2015;23(6):1218-25. PMID: 25959437
- Rofey DL, Szigethy EM, Noll RB, Dahl RE, Lobst E, Arslanian SA. Cognitive-behavioral therapy for physical and emotional disturbances in adolescents with polycystic ovary syndrome: a pilot study. J Pediatr Psychol. 2009;34(2):156-63. PMID: 18556675
- Rofey DL, McMakin DL, Shaw D, Dahl RE. Self-regulation of sleep, emotion, and weight during adolescence: implications for translational research and practice. Clin Transl Sci. 2013;6(3):238-43. PMID: 23751032
- Rofey, DL, Corcoran, KJ, Tran, GQ, Nabors, LA, Matthews, GD. Demand on mental workload: Relation to cue reactivity and craving in women with disordered eating and problematic drinking. Addiction Research & Theory Addict Res Theory. 2007;15(2):189203.
- Rofey DL, Miller E, McCauley HM. Gender Norms and Obesity: Incorporating gender norms change into clinical interventions. Obesity.2016;24(2):280. doi: 10.1002/oby.21407
- Michael JC, Belendiuk KA, Kuchera AM, Rofey DL. Cognitive behavioral therapy for weight management. Behav Ther. 2013;36: 28-38.
- Rofey DL, Blake R, Phillips JE. Obesity and depression: A focus on polycystic ovary syndrome. In: Cognitive-behavior therapy for children and adolescents. American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc., Arlington, VA; 2012:383-433. http://search.proquest.com.pitt.idm.oclc.org/docview/1022252198?accountid=14709.
- Rofey DL, Hull EE, Phillips J, Vogt K, Silk JS, Dahl RE. Utilizing Ecological Momentary Assessment in pediatric obesity to quantify behavior, emotion, and sleep. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010;18(6):1270-2. PMID: 2896245
- Rofey DL, Kolko RP, Iosif AM, Silk JS, Bost JE, Feng W, Szigethy EM, Noll RB, Ryan N, Dahl RE. A longitudinal study of childhood depression and anxiety in relation to weight gain. Child Psychiatry Hum Dev. 2009;40(4):517-26. PMID: 19404733
- Malas N, Rofey DL, Kuchera AM, Ortiz-Aguayo R, Gold, M. Development of Motivational Interviewing Training for Pediatric Residents. Clinical Teacher. 2016;Feb3. Doi:10.1111/tct.12503.
Pitt Psychiatry at the 2020 TransPride Pittsburgh Health and Wellness Conference
Last week, 300 attendees of the 2020 TransPride Pittsburgh Health and Wellness Conference, co-sponsored by UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH), viewed more than 50 virtual presentations on topics ranging from gender-affirming care, suicidality among transgender adolescents and supporting young people during gender diversity expression. We spoke with three members of the Department of Psychiatry to learn more...
Dana Rofey, PhD Appointed Associate Professor by Pitt School of Medicine
Dana Rofey, PhD, has spent her career studying the relations between cognitive, structural, and functional brain status and response to and provision of weight management programs. She has developed an impressive body of interrelated clinical work and programming and scientific studies related to eating, gender identity, and adolescent/early adult health behavior. Her research has been consistently funded by the...
Hot Publication - Rofey et al.
A Multisite View of Psychosocial Risks in Patients Presenting for Bariatric SurgeryRofey DL, Zeller MH, Brode C, Reiter-Purtill J, Mikhail C, Washington G, Baughcum AE, Peugh J, Austin H, Jenkins TM, Courcoulas AP and the TeenView Writing Group in cooperation with the Teen-LABS ConsortiumObesity, 23:1218-1225, 2015The psychosocial health of adolescents with severe obesity has only recently been the focus of...