Andrea F DiMartini, MD
Education & Training
- DiMartini A, Dew MA, Liu Q, Simpson MA, Ladner DP, Smith AR, Zee J, Abbey S, Gillespie BW, Weinrieb R, Mandell MS, Fisher RA, Emond JC, Freise CE, Sherker AH, Butt Z. Social and financial outcomes of living liver donation: A prospective investigation within the Adult-to-Adult Living Liver Cohort Study-2 (A2ALL-2). Am J Transplant. 2017;17(4):1081-1096. PMID 27647626, PMCID 5359081.
- Rogal S, Dew MA, Fontes P, DiMartini A. Early Treatment of Depressive Symptoms Improves Post-Transplant Survival. Am J Transplant. 2013: 13(4): 928-935, April. PMC3618550.
- DiMartini A, Cruz RJ, Dew MA, Fitzgerald MG, Chiappetta L, Myaskovsky L, DeVera ME. Motives and Decision Making of Potential Living Liver Donors: Comparisons Between Gender, Relationships and Ambivalence. Am J Transplant 12(1):136-151 2012 Jan. PMID: 22081865.
- DiMartini A, Dew MA, Chaiffetz D, Fitzgerald MG, deVera ME, Fontes P. Early Trajectories of Depressive Symptoms After Liver Transplantation for Alcoholic Liver Disease Predicts Long-term Survival Am J Transplant 11(6):1287-95, 2011 Jun. PMC4133126.
- DiMartini A, Dew MA, Day N, Fitzgerald MG, Jones BL, deVera ME, Fontes P. Trajectories of Alcohol Consumption Following Liver Transplantation. Am J Transplant, 2010 10(10): 2305-2312, October 2010. PMC3040647.
The Roles of Race/Ethnicity & Substance Use in Predicting Likelihood of Kidney Transplantation
For individuals in need of a kidney transplant, disparities related to race and ethnicity have persisted for decades, with Black and Hispanic patients at a disadvantage relative to non-Hispanic White patients, regarding receipt of organ transplantation. Mary Amanda Dew, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry, Psychology, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Clinical and Translational Science, and Acute and Tertiary Care (Nursing)...
Pitt Psychiatry at the 2021 Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Annual Meeting 2021
Pitt Psychiatry consultation-liaison faculty and trainees attended the virtual Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry annual meeting and presented four posters, seven symposia/workshops, and 10 oral papers. Award Meghan Keil, MD (PGY3) received a 2021 ACLP Trainee Registration Grant (formerly known as a Travel Award). She presented a poster entitled "‘I’m Finally Dealing with Everything at Once’: Perinatal...
Career Milestone - Andrea DiMartini, MD
Please join us in congratulating Andrea DiMartini, MD on her promotion to Professor of Psychiatry and Surgery. Following her residency at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC (WPIC), Dr. DiMartini was appointed to the University of Pittsburgh Department of Psychiatry faculty in 1991. She was promoted to associate professor in 2001 and also holds secondary faculty appointments in the Department of...
Accomplishments of Department of Psychiatry Faculty and Residents Highlighted at Annual Meeting of the Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine
The Department of Psychiatry was well represented at the Annual Meeting of the Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine (APM) in New Orleans, Louisiana. The theme for the meeting was The Art and Science of Communication in Psychosomatic Medicine. Department of Psychiatry faculty and residents were featured speakers for 11 presentations and courses, and the poster session featured the work of 10 residents and their faculty...