Minjie Wu, PhD
Education & Training
- Wu M, Kumar A, Yang S. Development and Aging of Superficial White Matter Myelin from Young Adulthood to Old Age: Mapping by Vertex-Based Surface Statistics (VBSS). Human Brain Mapping. 37(5):17591769, 2016.
- Wu M, Kujawa K, Lu LH, Fitzgerald D, Fitzgerald KD, Monk CS, Phan KL. Age-Related Changes in Amygdala-Frontal Connectivity during Emotional Face Processing from Childhood into Young Adulthood. Human Brain Mapping, 37(5):16841695, 2016.
- Andreescu C, Wu M, Butters MA, Figurski J, Reynolds CF, Aizenstein HJ. The default mode network in late-life anxious depression. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 19(11):980-983, 2011.
- Wu M, Andreescu C, Butters MA, Tamburo R, Reynolds CF, Aizenstein HJ. Resting State Connectivity and White Matter Burden in Late-life Depression. Psychiatry Research: NeuroImaging, 194(1):39-46, 2011.
- Wu M, Rosano C, Butters MA, Whyte E, Nable M, Crooks R, Meltzer CC, Reynolds CF, Aizenstein HJ. Automated Method for Quantifying and Localizing White Matter Hyperintensities on MR images. Psychiatry Research: NeuroImaging, 148(2-3):133-142, 2006.
Independent Replication of Advanced Brain Age in Mild Cognitive Impairment and Dementia: Detection of Future Cognitive Dysfunction
Models of the aging process are becoming prevalent in multiple fields, and over the last decade, scientists have used brain aging markers to identify important neuroanatomical differences in multiple psychiatric disorders. These markers may provide individualized risk assessments and predictions for age-associated neurodegenerative diseases, and have recently been used to demonstrate the association between greater...
Pitt Psychiatry Awarded $33.5M National Institute on Aging Program Project Grant Focused on the Pathological and Clinical Progression of Alzheimer’s Disease
The National Institute on Aging (NIA) has awarded the University of Pittsburgh Department of Psychiatry a Program Project Grant (PPG) renewal for “The role of astrogliosis in aging and the pathological and clinical progression of Alzheimer's disease.” The Alzheimer’s PPG will be led by a multiple principal investigator team including Ann Cohen, PhD (Associate Professor of Psychiatry), Howard Aizenstein, MD, PhD...
Bioengineering Enhances Psychiatric Research
Howard Aizenstein, MD, PhD (Charles F. Reynolds III and Ellen G. Detlefsen Endowed Chair in Geriatric Psychiatry and Professor of Bioengineering and Clinical and Translational Science), is trained as a geriatric psychiatrist and as a computer scientist, and he is recognized for his expertise in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) analysis methods and their use in clinical research in aging. In collaboration with Tamer...
New Research: Women with a History of Sexual Trauma Are at Risk for Poor Brain Health Later in Life
A team of investigators including Pitt Psychiatry scientists Rebecca Thurston, PhD (Pittsburgh Foundation Chair in Women's Health and Dementia and Professor of Psychiatry, Clinical and Translational Science, Epidemiology, and Psychology); Karen Jakubowski, PhD (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry); Minjie Wu, PhD (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry); and Howard Aizenstein, MD, PhD (Charles F. Reynolds III and Ellen G...