Kyle D Ketchesin, PhD
Education & Training
- Logan RW, Xue X, Ketchesin KD, Hoffman G, Roussos P, Tseng G, McClung CA & Seney ML. (2022). Sex differences in molecular rhythms in the human cortex. Biological Psychiatry, 91(1):152-162.
- Ketchesin KD, Zong W, Hildebrand MA, Seney ML, Cahill KM, Scott MR, Shankar VG, Glausier JR, Lewis DA, Tseng GC & McClung CA. (2021). Diurnal rhythms across the human dorsal and ventral striatum. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 118(2):e2016150118.
- Logan RW, Ozburn AR, Arey RN, Ketchesin KD, Winquist A, Crain A, Tobe BTD, Becker-Krail D, Jarpe MB, Xue X, Zong W, Huo Z, Parekh PK, Zhu X, Fitzgerald E, Zhang H, Oliver-Smith J, DePoy LM, Hildebrand MA, Snyder EY, Tseng GC & McClung CA. (2021). Valproate reverses mania-like behaviors in mice via preferential targeting of HDAC2. Molecular Psychiatry, 26(8):4066-4084.
- Ketchesin KD, Becker-Krail D & McClung CA. (2020). Mood-related central and peripheral clocks. European Journal of Neuroscience, 51(1):326-345.
- Parekh PK, Logan RW, Ketchesin KD, Becker-Krail D, Shelton MA, Hildebrand MA, Barko K, Huang YH & McClung CA. (2019). Cell-type-specific regulation of nucleus accumbens synaptic plasticity and cocaine reward sensitivity by the circadian protein, NPAS2. Journal of Neuroscience, 39(24):4657-4667.
Biological Psychiatry: Diurnal Alterations in Gene Expression Across Striatal Subregions in Psychosis
Psychosis, an impairment that manifests as hallucinations and/or delusions, is a defining feature of schizophrenia and highly prevalent in bipolar disorder. Individuals suffering with these illnesses also have major disruptions in sleep and circadian rhythms, which can precipitate or exacerbate psychotic symptoms. A group of investigators including Kyle Ketchesin, PhD (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry), Madeline...
Biological Psychiatry: Astrocyte Molecular Clock Function in the Nucleus Accumbens Is Important for Reward-Related Behavior
Individuals with substance use disorders have disrupted circadian and sleep/wake rhythms, and growing evidence suggests a bidirectional relationship between circadian rhythm disruption and substance abuse. Notably, circadian clocks are integral to the modulation of reward behaviors, and astrocytes—a highly abundant glial cell type that contains a circadian molecular clock—have emerged as key regulators of circadian...
The Department of Psychiatry Welcomes Two New Faculty Members
Pitt Psychiatry extends a warm welcome to two new faculty members who have joined our Department: Alain Altamirano-Espinoza, PhD (Research Instructor in Psychiatry) Dr. Altamirano-Espinoza received his PhD in neuropharmacology and experimental therapeutics from the Center for Research and Advanced Studies of the National Polytechnic Institute (CINVESTAV, Mexico) and conducted postdoctoral research at the...