Karen P Jakubowski, PhD
Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Jakubowski KP, Murray V, Stokes N & Thurston RC. (2021). Sexual violence and cardiovascular risk: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Maturitas, 153, P48-60.
- Jakubowski KP, Barinas-Mitchell E, Chang Y, Matthews KA, Maki PM & Thurston RC. (2020). The cardiovascular cost of silence: Relationships between self-silencing and carotid atherosclerosis in midlife women. Annals of Behavioral Medicine. PMID: 34124743
- Jakubowski KP, Cundiff JM & Matthews KA. (2018). Associations between cumulative childhood adversity and adult cardiometabolic disease: A meta-analysis. Health Psychology, 37, 701-715. PMID: 30024227
- Jakubowski KP, Hall MH, Laisze L & Matthews KA. (2017). Temporal relationships between napping and nocturnal sleep in healthy adolescents. Behavioral Sleep Medicine, 15, 257-269. PMID: 27078714
- Jakubowski KP, Hall MH, Marsland AL & Matthews KA. (2016). Is daytime napping associated with inflammation in adolescents? Health Psychology, 35, 1298-1306. PMID: 27253429
- Jakubowski KP, Jhamb M, Yabes J, Gujral S, Oberlin LE, Bender F & Steel J. (2020). Technology-assisted cognitive-behavioral therapy for end-stage renal disease: A feasibility study. Translational Behavioral Medicine, 10, 657-663.
New Research: Women with a History of Sexual Trauma Are at Risk for Poor Brain Health Later in Life
A team of investigators including Pitt Psychiatry scientists Rebecca Thurston, PhD (Pittsburgh Foundation Chair in Women's Health and Dementia and Professor of Psychiatry, Clinical and Translational Science, Epidemiology, and Psychology); Karen Jakubowski, PhD (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry); Minjie Wu, PhD (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry); and Howard Aizenstein, MD, PhD (Charles F. Reynolds III and Ellen G...
The Department of Psychiatry Welcomes New Faculty Members
The Department of Psychiatry extends a warm welcome to four new faculty members: Tiffany Clark, MD (Assistant Professor of Psychiatry) Dr. Clark earned her medical degree from Creighton University School of Medicine. Following psychiatry residency at Temple University, she completed her consultation-liaison fellowship at UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital (WPH). At the Temple University Hospital Health System, Dr...