Frances L Wang, PhD
Education & Training
- Wang FL, Pedersen SL, Devlin B, Gnagy E, Pelham WE & Molina BSG. (in press). Heterogeneous trajectories of problematic alcohol use, depressive symptoms, and their co-occurrence in young adults with and without childhood ADHD. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/ 10.1007/s10802-020-00675-y
- Wang FL, Galan CA, Lemery-Chalfant K, Wilson W, & Shaw DS. (2020). Evidence for two genetically-distinct pathways to co-occurring internalizing and externalizing problems in adolescence that are characterized by negative affectivity or behavioral inhibition. Journal of Abnormal Psychology. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1037/abn0000525.
- Wang FL, Chassin L, Bates JE, Dick D, Lansford J, Pettit GS & Dodge KA. (2018). Serotonin functioning and adolescents alcohol use: A genetically informed study examining mechanisms of risk. Development and Psychopathology, 30(1):213-233. doi: 10.1017/S095457941700058X
- Wang FL, Pandika D, Chassin L, Lee M & King K. (2016). Testing the relations among family disorganization, delay discounting and adolescent alcohol use: A genetically-informed study. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, 40(4), 846-856. doi: 10.1111/acer.12999
- Wang FL, Chassin L, Eisenberg N & Spinrad T. (2015). Effortful control and adolescent antisocial/aggressive behaviors and depressive symptoms: Co-occurrence and moderation by impulsivity. Child Development, 86(6), 1812-1829. doi: 10.1111/cdev.12406
The Department of Psychiatry Welcomes Addiction Researcher Frances Wang, PhD, to the Faculty
We are thrilled to announce that Frances Wang, PhD, has joined the faculty as Assistant Professor of Psychiatry. Dr. Wang earned her PhD in clinical psychology from Arizona State University and completed her clinical internship at UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital. She remained in Pittsburgh for postdoctoral training in the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)-funded Developmental Alcohol...