Barbara Baumann, PhD
Education & Training
- Herschell, AD, Kolko, DJ, Baumann, BL, Brown, EJ. Application of Alternatives for Families: A Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy to School Settings. J Applied School Psych. 2012: 28: 270-293.
- Kolko DJ, Baumann BL, Herschell, AD, Hart, JA, Holden, EA, Wisniewski, SR. Implementation of AF-CBT by community practitioners serving child welfare and mental health: A randomized trial. Child Maltreat. 2012; 17: 32-46.
- Herschell, AD, Kolko, DJ, Baumann, BL, Davis, AC. The role of therapist training in the implementation of psychosocial treatments: A review and critique with recommendations. Clin Psych Rev. 2010; 30: 448-466.
- Kolko DJ, Cohen JA, Mannarino AP, Baumann BL, Knudsen K. Community treatment of child sexual abuse: A survey of practitioners in the National Child Traumatic Stress Network. Adm Policy Ment Health. 2009; 36: 37-49.
- Baumann, BL, Kolko, DJ, Collins, K, Herschell, AD. Understanding practitioners characteristics and perspectives prior to the dissemination of an evidence-based intervention. Child Abuse & Neglect, 2006; 30: 771-787.
- 2.Kolko, DJ, Brown, EJ, Shaver, ME, Baumann, BL, Herschell, AD. Alternatives for Families: A Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (AF-CBT) Session Guide, third edition. November 1, 2011. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- 4.Baumann, BL, Sturm, R, Hathaway, A, Fitzgerald, M, Degro-Carbonel, R, Potter, L, Pease, M, Marinucci, K, Eccles, L, and Kolko, DJ. Alternatives for Families: A Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (AF-CBT) Foster Care Supplement. Summer, 2013. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Baumann, BL. Alternatives for Professionals: Focused Skill Building Training Guide, 2012.
Pitt Psychiatry Projects Thinking in Speech & LemurDx Receive Pitt Innovation Challenge Awards
Congratulations to Barbara Baumann, PhD, and Oliver Lindhiem, PhD, whose projects have each been selected to receive Pitt Innovation Challenge (PInCh) Awards! The Pitt Innovation Challenge competition is supported by the Clinical and Translational Science Institute and is designed to generate innovative solutions to challenging health problems by mitigating risk and providing financial and administrative support to...
Pitt Psychiatry Researchers Conduct Community Effectiveness Trial of a Novel Form of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (AF-CBT)
This paper was published in Child Maltreatment, the official publication of the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children, and was recently named Child Maltreatment Article of the Year for 2018. Children who experience physical abuse or harsh physical discipline are particularly vulnerable to adverse mental health outcomes such as trauma symptoms, aggression, interpersonal problems, substance use and...