Carol M Greco, PhD
Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Rehabilitation Science and Technology, and Physical Therapy
3811 O'Hara St.
Education & Training
Clinical Psychology, University of Virginia, College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences
Clinical Psychology, University of Virginia Medical Center
Member, American Pain Society
Member, Pennsylvania Psychological Association
Meditation for chronic pain management; Patient-reported outcomes instrument development; Context factors in clinical treatmentSelected Research Publications & Products
- Elwy R, Wasan AD, Gillman AG, Johnston KL, Dodds N, McFarland C, Greco CM. Using formative evaluation methods to improve clinical implementation efforts: Description and an example. Psychiatry Research. 2019, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychres.2019.112532
- Creswell JD, Taren AA, Lindsay EK, Greco CM, Gianaros PJ, Fairgrieve A, Marsland AL, Brown KW, Way BM, Rosen RK, Ferris JL. Alterations in Resting State Functional Connectivity link Mindfulness Meditation with Reduced Interleukin-6: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Biological Psychiatry. 2016 July 1;80 (1) 53-61 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.biopsych.2016.01.008 PMID: 27021514
- Greco CM, Yu L, Johnston K, Dodds N, Morone NE, Glick RM, Schneider MJ, Klem ML, McFarland C, Lawrence S, Colditz J, Mailhoefer CJ, Jonas WB, Ryan ND, Pilkonis PA. Measuring nonspecific factors in treatment: item banks that assess the healthcare experience and attitudes from the patients perspective. Quality of Life Research. 2016 Jul; 25(7): 1625-34. DOI: 10.1007/s11136-015-1178-1. PMID: 26563249
- Morone NE, Greco CM, Moore CG, Rollman BL, Lane B, Morrow LA, Glynn NW, Weiner DK. A Mind-Body Program for Older Adults with Chronic Low Back Pain: A Randomized Controlled Trial. JAMA Internal Medicine 2016 Mar; 176(3):329-37. DOI:10.001/jamainternalmed.2015.8033. PMID: 26903081
- Greco CM, Li, T, Kao AH, Sattar MA, Danchenko N, Edmundowicz D, Sutton-Tyrell K, Tracy RP, Kuller LH, Manzi S. Association between vascular disease and depression in SLE. The Journal of Rheumatology 2012 Feb 1; 39 (2): 262-268.PMID:22174200
Behavioral interventions for pain management; Mindfulness meditationSelected Clinical Publications & Products
- Morone NE, Greco CM. Adapting Mindfulness Meditation for the Older Adult. Mindfulness. Published Online March 2014. DOI 10.1007/s12671-014-0297-z.
- Greco CM, Nakajima C, Manzi S. Updated Review of Complementary and Alternative Medicine Treatments for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Current Rheumatology Reports 2013 Published online Sept 29; 15-378. NIHMS528344.
- Podgurski L, Claxton R, Greco C, Croom A, Arnold R. Brief mindfulness-based self-care curriculum for an interprofessional group of palliative care providers. J Pain Symptom Manag 2015; 49: 384-85.
- Morone NE, Lynch CP, Losasso V, Liebe K, Greco CM. Mindfulness to reduce psychosocial stress. Mindfulness 2011 (published online 04 Oct).
Pitt Promotes Dr. Carol Greco to Associate Professor of Psychiatry
The Department of Psychiatry is pleased to announce the promotion of Carol M. Greco, PhD to the rank of Associate Professor of Psychiatry by the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.Dr. Greco is an accomplished clinical scientist and educator who has a national and international reputation in the area of mindfulness. She held positions at the University of Virginia Medical Center before embarking on her...