Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Jacobson SL. Thirteen Reasons why to be concerned about 13 Reasons Why. The Brown University Child and Adolescent Behavior Letter. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. May 2017.
- Horner MS, Keener MT, Strandberg G, Jacobson SL, Glick RM. Integrative Medicine and Psychiatry, in The Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry, (US Edition). Eds. Kupfer, Horner, Brent, Lewis, Reynolds, Thase and Travis. Oxford University Press. New York, 2008.
- Jacobson MJ, Jacobson SJ, Thase ME. Bipolar Disorders, in The Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry, (US Edition). Eds. Kupfer, Horner, Brent, Lewis, Reynolds, Thase and Travis. Oxford University Press. New York, 2008.
- Jacobson MJ, Jacobson SJ, Thase ME. Depressive Disorders, in The Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry, (US Edition). Eds. Kupfer, Horner, Brent, Lewis, Reynolds, Thase and Travis. Oxford University Press. New York, 2008.
- Penner AE, Lundblad W, Azzam PN, Gopalan P, Jacobson SL, Travis MJ. Assessing Career Outcomes of a Resident Academic Administrator, Clinician Educator Track: A Seven Year Follow-up. Acad Psychiatry. 2017 Apr;41(2):278-281. PMID: 27142839.
- Jacobson SL, Travis MJ, Solai L, MacPhee E, Reynolds CF 3rd, Ryan ND, Roth LH, Kupfer DJ. Preparing the Next Generation of Leaders in Clinician-Education and Academic Administration. Acad Psychiatry. 2010 May-Jun;34(3):224-8. PMID: 20431105.
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Promotes Sansea Jacobson to Associate Professor of Psychiatry
Sansea Jacobson, MD is a dedicated clinician-educator who has established a strong local and national reputation as a leader in medical education and as a role model for the compassionate care of children and their families. A gifted clinician, Dr. Jacobson is board-certified in both general and child and adolescent psychiatry and provides care for patients and their families in the Services for Teens at Risk (STAR...
Dr. Sansea Jacobson Leads SAVE’s Clinician Subgroup to Develop 13 Reasons Why Toolkit
Prior to the debut of Season 2 of 13 Reasons Why on May 18, an international coalition headed by SAVE (Suicide Awareness Voices of Education) developed the online 13 Reasons Why Toolkit to address concerns regarding how the show’s first season portrayed suicide, sexual health, bullying, and other sensitive topics facing today’s youth. Sansea Jacobson, MD , Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Director of the Child...
UPMC Hosts the 4th Annual Triple Board & Post-Pediatrics Portal Program Summit: Honing Your Skills and Becoming a Leader
UPMC hosted the 4th Annual Triple Board & Post Pediatrics Portal Program Summit: Honing Your Skills and Becoming a Leader on April 6-7, 2018. This national event brings together physicians and students interested in combined training. Triple Board Co-chief Resident Sarah H. Arshad, MD, chaired the summit with help from her faculty adviser, Justin Schreiber, DO, MPH , Assistant Professor, and Jennifer DeBasi,...
Sansea Jacobson, MD Elected Co-Chair of AACAP Training and Education Committee
Congratulations to Sansea Jacobson, MD on her election as Co-Chair of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) Training and Education Committee. This committee of 13 national leaders, in collaboration with the AACAP Alliance for Learning and Innovation (AALI), is charged with the task of creating and promoting high-quality, innovative educational resources and initiatives to support learners...