Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Tumuluru RV, Corbett-Dick P, Aman MG, Smith T Arnold LE, Pan X, Buchan-Page KA, Brown NV, Ryan MM, Hyman SL, Hellings J, Williams C, Hollway JA, Lecavalier L Rice, Jr RR, McAuliffe-Bellin S, Handen BL. Adverse events of atomoxetine in a double blind placebo controlled study in children with autism . Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology. (In press).
- Lao PJ, Handen BL, Betthauser TJ, Mihaila I, Hartley SL, Cohen AD, Tudorascu DL, Bulova PD, Lopresti BJ, Tumuluru RV, Murali D, Mathis CA, Barnhart TE, Stone CK, Price JC, Devenny DA, Mailick MR, Klunk WE, Johnson SC, Christian BT. Longitudinal changes in amyloid PET and volumetric MRI in the non-demented Down syndrome population. Alzheimers & Dementia: Diagnosis, Assessment & Disease Monitoring. In press.
- Handen BL, Aman MG, Arnold LE, Hyman SL, Tumuluru RV, Lecavalier L, Corbett-Dick P, Pan X, Hollway JA, Buchan-Page KA, Silverman LB, Brown NV, Rice Jr, RR, Hellings J, Mruzek DW, McAuliffe-Bellin S, Hurt EA, Ryan MM, Levato L, Smith T. Atomoxetine, parent training, and their combination in children with autism spectrum and ADHD. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2015 Nov; 54(11):905-15. doi: 10.1016/j.jaac.2015.08.013.PMID:26506581.
- Kovacs M, Sherrill J, George CJ, Pollock M, Tumuluru RV, Ho V. Contextual Emotion-Regulation Therapy for Childhood Depression: Description and Pilot Testing of a New Intervention. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 2006 Aug; 45(8):892-903.
- Tumuluru RV, Weller EB, Fristad MA, Weller, RA. Mania in six preschool children. Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology, 2003; 13(4):489-94.
Dr. Benjamin Handen Reports in the Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry that Metformin Decreases Weight Gain in Autistic Children Taking Atypical Antipsychotic Medications
Disruptive behaviors, including aggression, tantrums, and self-injury, are estimated to occur in 20% to 50% of individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Atypical antipsychotic medications are one of the most common pharmacologic treatments for such behaviors in the ASD population, but significant increases in weight are frequently reported. There also is evidence of an increased risk of diabetes in children...
Beckwith Innovation Award
WPIC Adolescent Acute Partial Hospitalization Program Selected for Beckwith Institute Innovation Award The Beckwith Institute?s Frontline Innovation Program has awarded funding to Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic's (WPIC) Adolescent Acute Partial Hospitalization Program (AAPHP) to support their Virtual School Consultation initiative. The Virtual School Consultation initiative aims to improve the transition...