Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Douillard-Guilloux G, Lewis D, Seney ML, Sibille E. Decrease in somatostatin-positive cell density in the amygdala of females with major depression. Depress Anxiety. 2017 Jan;34(1):68-78.
- Puralewski R, Vasilakis G, Seney ML. Sex-related factors influence expression of mood-related genes in the basolateral amygdala differentially depending on age and stress exposure. Biol Sex Differ. 2016;7:50.
- Seney ML, Tripp A, McCune S, Lewis DA, Sibille E. Laminar and cellular analyses of reduced somatostatin gene expression in the subgenual anterior cingulate cortex in major depression. Neurobiol Dis. 2015 Jan;73:213-9.
- Seney ML, Chang LC, Oh H, Wang X, Tseng GC, Lewis DA, Sibille E. The Role of Genetic Sex in Affect Regulation and Expression of GABA-Related Genes Across Species. Front Psychiatry. 2013 Sep 17;4:104.
- Seney ML, Ekong KI, Ding Y, Tseng GC, Sibille E. Sex chromosome complement regulates expression of mood-related genes. Biol Sex Differ. 2013 Nov 7;4(1):20.
Department of Psychiatry Faculty Receive 2018 ACNP Travel Awards & Are Elected as ACNP Members
Congratulations are in order for Drs. Marianne Seney, Ryan Logan , and Deepak Sarpal (pictured above), who received travel awards to attend the annual meeting of The American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP). In addition, Konasale M. Prasad, MD, MBBS was elected as a member of ACNP, and Rebecca Price, PhD , was elected as an associate member. The ACNP Annual Meeting, which was held on December 9–13, 2018...
Findings by Dr. Marianne Seney et al. Show Opposite Brain Transcriptional Profiles in Men and Women with Major Depressive Disorder
Major depressive disorder (MDD) is a devastating psychiatric disorder and leading cause of disability worldwide. It affects women approximately twice as often as men, and incidence and symptoms differ between the sexes, affirming the importance of studying brain pathology of depression in both men and women. Women are three times as likely to have atypical depression, with hypersomnia and weight gain, suggesting...
CTSI Challenge Award
The University of Pittsburgh Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) has presented Dr. Marianne Seney with a Pain Research Challenge Award. The award will support Dr. Seney?s study of a mouse model of comorbid chronic pain and depression/anxiety that is directly informed by human studies. Several chronic pain conditions have a high rate of comorbidity with psychiatric disorders, including depression and...
Marianne Seney, PhD Selected for ADAA Alies Muskin Career Development Leadership Program
Congratulations to Dr. Marianne Seney, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, on her selection for the highly competitive Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) Alies Muskin Career Development Leadership Program. Dr. Seney will participate in the Basic Neuroscience Track of the program at the ADAA?s Annual Meeting, which will take place in Philadelphia, PA on March 31 through April 3, 2016. Dr. Seney is...