Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Cahill KM, Huo Z, Tseng GC, Logan RW, Seney ML. Improved identification of concordant and discordant gene expression signatures using an updated rank-rank hypergeometric overlap approach. Sci Rep. 2018. 8: 9588.
- Seney ML, Huo Z, Cahill K, French L, Puralewski R, Zhang J, Logan RW, Tseng G, Lewis DA, Sibille E. Opposite molecular signatures of depression in men and women. Biol Psychiatry. 2018. 84(1): 18-27.
- Douillard-Guilloux G, Lewis D, Seney ML, Sibille E. Decrease in somatostatin-positive cell density in the amygdala of females with major depression. Depress Anxiety. 2017 Jan;34(1):68-78.
- Puralewski R, Vasilakis G, Seney ML. Sex-related factors influence expression of mood-related genes in the basolateral amygdala differentially depending on age and stress exposure. Biol Sex Differ. 2016;7:50.
- Seney ML, Tripp A, McCune S, Lewis DA, Sibille E. Laminar and cellular analyses of reduced somatostatin gene expression in the subgenual anterior cingulate cortex in major depression. Neurobiol Dis. 2015 Jan;73:213-9.
Now in Nature Communications: Diurnal Rhythms in Gene Expression in the Prefrontal Cortex in Schizophrenia
Researchers including Pitt Psychiatry investigators Marianne Seney, PhD , and Colleen McClung, PhD , have published a study in Nature Communications describing diurnal rhythms in gene expression in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex in individuals with schizophrenia, compared with unaffected comparison subjects. Examining the postmortem brains of 46 comparison subjects and 46 subjects with schizophrenia,...
“This summer has been one of the most transformative times of my life”: The 10th Annual Center for Translational Mental Health Research Undergraduate Research Program
This summer marks the 10th year of the Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program, funded by the NIMH Conte Center for Translational Mental Health Research . The competitive 10-week summer program provides undergraduate students studying neuroscience, biology and psychology, among other fields, the opportunity to conduct hands-on, cutting-edge neuroscience research under the mentorship of clinical and basic...
The Department of Psychiatry’s 19th Annual Research Day: A Day to Teach, Learn and Be Inspired
The 19th annual Department of Psychiatry Research Day on June 13, 2019 was our biggest yet! For the 505 faculty, postdoctoral students, residents, graduate students and staff who attended, the morning poster session and afternoon program offered a stimulating day of research and career development that was equal parts enlightenment, inspiration, fun and, at times, surprise. The morning session featured 140 posters...
Department of Psychiatry Faculty Receive 2018 ACNP Travel Awards & Are Elected as ACNP Members
Congratulations are in order for Drs. Marianne Seney, Ryan Logan , and Deepak Sarpal (pictured above), who received travel awards to attend the annual meeting of The American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP). In addition, Konasale M. Prasad, MD, MBBS was elected as a member of ACNP, and Rebecca Price, PhD , was elected as an associate member. The ACNP Annual Meeting, which was held on December 9–13, 2018...