Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Romens SE, Casement MD, McAloon R, Keenan K, Hipwell AE, Guyer AE, Forbes EE. Adolescent girls neural response to reward mediates the relation between childhood financial disadvantage and depression. J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2015 Nov;56(11):1177-84.
- Forbes EE, Dahl RE. Altered reward function in adolescent depression: What, when, and how? J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2012 Jan;53(1):3-15.
- Forbes EE, Olino TM, Ryan ND, Birmaher B, Axelson D, Moyles DL, Dahl RE. Reward-related brain function as a predictor of treatment response in adolescents with major depressive disorder. Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci. 2010 Mar;10(1):107-18.
- Forbes EE, Ryan ND, Phillips ML, Manuck SB, Worthman CM, Moyles DL, Tarr JA, Sciarrillo SR, Dahl RE. Healthy adolescents neural response to reward: Associations with puberty, positive affect, and depressive symptoms. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2010 Feb;49:162-72.
- Forbes EE, Hariri AR, Martin SL, Silk JS, Moyles DL, Fisher PM, Brown SM, Ryan ND, Birmaher B, Axelson DA, Dahl RE. Altered striatal activation predicting real-world positive affect in adolescent major depressive disorder. Am J Psychiatry. 2009 Jan;166(1):64-73.
Dr. Erika Forbes Elected as Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science
Erika Forbes, PhD has been elected as a Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science (APS). Fellow status is awarded to APS members who have made sustained outstanding contributions to the science of psychology in the areas of research, teaching, service, and/or application. Dr. Forbes is Professor of Psychiatry and Director of the Affective Neuroscience and Developmental Psychopathology Laboratory. An exper...
Pitt School of Medicine Promotes Erika E. Forbes, PhD to Professor of Psychiatry
Dr. Erika Forbes has been promoted to the rank of Professor of Psychiatry by the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Dr. Forbes began her career at the University of Pittsburgh as a graduate student. After earning a master's degree and PhD in child clinical and developmental psychology from Pitt, she completed a clinical psychology internship at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic (WPIC) and obtained...
Hot Publication - Forbes & Colleagues
Social Reward in Youth at Risk for Depression: A Preliminary Investigation of Subjective and Neural Differences Olino TM, Silk JS, Osterritter C and Forbes EE Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology, 2015 Nov;25(9):711-721 Offspring of depressed parents are at risk for developing depression at rates higher than the general population. One potential mechanism linking parent and offspring depression involv...
Department of Psychiatry Faculty Recognized for Scientific Contributions at 2015 American College of Neuropsychopharmacology Meeting
Congratulations to the following members of the Department of Psychiatry faculty who were recognized for their contributions to the field and their service by the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP). The honors were announced at the College's annual meeting which took place in Hollywood, Florida on December 7-10, 2015. Erika Forbes, PhD received the Eva King Killam Research Award in recognition of he...