Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Schoenrock SA, Kumar P, Gomez AA, Dickson PE, Kim SM, Bailey L, Neira S, Riker KD,Farrington J, Gaines CH, Khan S, Wilcox TD, Roy TA, Leonardo MR, Olson AA, Gagnon LH,Philip VM, Valdar W, de Villena FP, Jentsch JD, Logan RW, McClung CA, Robinson DL,Chesler EJ, Tarantino LM. Characterization of genetically complex Collaborative Cross mousestrains that model divergent locomotor activating and reinforcing properties of cocaine.Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2020. Epub 2020/01/04. doi: 10.1007/s00213-019-05429-3.PubMed PMID: 31897574.
- Paden W, Barko K, Puralewski R, Cahill KM, Huo Z, Shelton MA, Tseng GC, Logan RW, Seney ML. Sex differences in adult mood and in stress-inducedtranscriptional coherence across mesocorticolimbic circuitry. Translational Psychiatry. 2020;Feb 6;10(1):59. doi: 10.1038/s41398-020-0742-9. PubMed PMID: 32066699.
- Logan RW, Parekh PK, Kaplan GN, Becker-Krail DD, Williams WP, 3rd, Yamaguchi S,Yoshino J, Shelton MA, Zhu X, Zhang H, Waplinger S, Fitzgerald E, Oliver-Smith J, SundarveluP, Enwright JF, 3rd, Huang YH, McClung CA. NAD+ cellular redox and SIRT1 regulate thediurnal rhythms of tyrosine hydroxylase and conditioned cocaine reward. Mol Psychiatry.2019;24(11):1668-84. Epub 2018/05/08. doi: 10.1038/s41380-018-0061-1. PubMed PMID:29728703; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6215755.
- Seney ML, Cahill K, Enwright JF, 3rd, Logan RW, Huo Z, Zong W, Tseng G, McClung CA.Diurnal rhythms in gene expression in the prefrontal cortex in schizophrenia. Nat Commun.2019;10(1):3355. Epub 2019/08/11. doi: 10.1038/s41467-019-11335-1. PubMed PMID:31399567; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6689017.
- Logan RW, McClung CA. Rhythms of life: circadian disruption and brain disorders across thelifespan. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2019;20(1):49-65. Epub 2018/11/22. doi: 10.1038/s41583-018-0088-y. PubMed PMID: 30459365; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6338075.
Ryan Logan, PhD, Honored with International Behavioural and Neural Genetics Society Young Scientist Award
We are delighted to announce that Ryan Logan, PhD, has been awarded the 2020 International Behavioural and Neural Genetics Society (IBANGS) Young Scientist Award. The Young Scientist Award honors an early-career investigator in the field of behavioral and neural genetics. When selecting the recipient for this prestigious honor, IBANGS considers the scientific importance of research discovered, record of achievement...
Now in The Journal of Neuroscience: Circadian Protein NPAS2 Expression in the Nucleus Accumbens and Cocaine Reward
Disruptions of the circadian clock can contribute to or exacerbate vulnerability to substance use disorder in some populations. The laboratory of Dr. Colleen McClung (Professor of Psychiatry and Clinical and Translational Science) investigates the mechanisms by which circadian genes that regulate mood and impulsivity are involved in the risk for substance abuse. In a recent study published in the Journal of...
The Department of Psychiatry’s 19th Annual Research Day: A Day to Teach, Learn and Be Inspired
The 19th annual Department of Psychiatry Research Day on June 13, 2019 was our biggest yet! For the 505 faculty, postdoctoral students, residents, graduate students and staff who attended, the morning poster session and afternoon program offered a stimulating day of research and career development that was equal parts enlightenment, inspiration, fun and, at times, surprise. The morning session featured 140 posters...
Department of Psychiatry Faculty Receive 2018 ACNP Travel Awards & Are Elected as ACNP Members
Congratulations are in order for Drs. Marianne Seney, Ryan Logan, and Deepak Sarpal (pictured above), who received travel awards to attend the annual meeting of The American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP). In addition, Konasale M. Prasad, MD, MBBS was elected as a member of ACNP, and Rebecca Price, PhD, was elected as an associate member. The ACNP Annual Meeting, which was held on December 9–13, 2018 in...