Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Williams DL, Mazefsky C, Minshew NJ. Long-Term Memory in Older Children/Adolescents and Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Autism Res. 2017 April 27 [Epub ahead of print]. DOI: 10.1002/aur.1801
- Haris H, Israeli D, Minshew NJ, Bonneh Y, Heeger D, Behrmann M, Sagi D. Perceptual learning in autism: Over-specificity and possible remedies. Nature Neuroscience. 2015 Nov; 18(11):1574-6. PMID:26436903
- Pinto et al. Convergence of genes and cellular pathways dysregulated in autism spectrum disorders. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;94(5):677-94. PMID: 24768552 PMCID: PMC4067558
- Just MA, Cherkassky VL, Keller TA, Minshew NJ. Cortical activation and synchronization during sentence comprehension in high-functioning autism: Evidence of underconnectivity. Brain. 2004;127(6):1811-21. PMID: 15215213
- Minshew NJ, Sweeney JA, Luna B. Autism as a selective disorder of complex information processing and underdevelopment of neocortical systems. Mol Psychiatr. 2002;7:S14-S15. PMID: 12142935
- Bishop-Fitzpatrick L, Mazefsky CA, Minshew NJ, Eack SM. Perception of life as stressful, not biological response to stress, is associated with greater social disability in adults with autism spectrum disorder. J Autism Dev Disord. 2017 Jan;47(1):1-16. PMID: 27696184
- Bishop-Fitzpatrick L, Mazefsky CA, Minshew NJ, Eack SM. The relationship between stress and social functioning in adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder and without intellectual disability. Autism Res. 2014;8(2):164-173. PMID: 25524571
- Haigh SM, Minshew NJ, Heeger DJ, Dinstein I, Behrmann M. Over-responsiveness and greater variability in roughness perception in autism. Autism Res. 2016 Mar;9(3):393-402. PMID: 26011310
- Williams DL, Goldstein G, Minshew NJ. Further understanding of complex information processing in verbal adolescents and adults with autism spectrum disorders. Autism. 2015 Oct; 19(7):859-67. PMID:26019307
- Holm MB, Baird JM, Kim YJ, Rajora KB, DSilva D, Podolinsky L, Mazefsky C, Minshew NJ. Therapeutic horseback riding outcomes of parent-identified goals for children with autism spectrum disorder: An ABA multiple case design examining dosing and generalization to the home and community. J Autism Dev Disord. 2014;44(4):937-947. PMID: 24091469 PMCID: PMC4136476
- McFadden K, Minshew NJ, Scherf KS. Neurobiology of autism spectrum disorder. In: Lubetsky M, Handen B, McGonigle J, editors. Autism spectrum disorder, Pittsburgh Pocket Psychiatry Series; 2011.
- Mazefsky CA, Minshew NJ. Clinical pearl. The spectrum of autism - From neuronal connections to behavioral expression. Virtual Mentor. 2010;12:867-72.
- Minshew NJ. Neuroimaging of developmental disorders commentary: What has the study of neurodevelopmental disorders taught us? In: Shenton M, Turestsky B, editors. Understanding neuropsychiatric disorders: Insights from neuroimaging. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press; 2010. p. 555-8.
- Williams DL, Minshew NJ. How the brain thinks in autism. ASHA Leader. 2010;15(5):8-11
- Minshew NJ, Williams DL, McFadden K. Information processing, neural connectivity and neuronal organization. In: Zimmerman AW, editor. Autism. Totowa: Humana Press; 2009.
Nancy Minshew Honored by Commonwealth
Nancy J. Minshew, MD to be Honored as Distinguished Daughter of Pennsylvania Nancy J. Minshew, MD, Professor of Psychiatry and Neurology, has been selected as a Distinguished Daughter of Pennsylvania in recognition of her outstanding achievements in autism research and advocacy. Each year the Governor and First Lady recognize a select group of women as Distinguished Daughters of Pennsylvania based on their distingu...