Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Pan LA, Martin P, Zimmer T, Segreti AM, Kassiff S, McKain BW, Baca CA, Rengasamy M, Hyland K, Walano N, Steinfeld R, Hughes M, Dobrowolski SK, Pasquino M, Diler R, Perel J, Finegold DN, Peters DG, Naviaux RK, Brent DA, and Vockley G. Neurometabolic disorders: potentially treatable abnormalities in patients with treatment refractory depression and suicidal behavior. American Journal of Psychiatry. 2017; 174(1): 42-50.
- Pan, LA, Goldstein, TR, Rooks BT, Hickey M, Fan JY, Merranko J, Monk K, Diler RS, Sakolsky DJ, Hafeman, D, Iyengar S, Goldstein B, Kupfer DJ, Axelson D, Brent DA, Birmaher B. The Relationship Between Stressful Life Events and Axis I Diagnoses Among Adolescent Offspring of Probands With Bipolar and Non-Bipolar Psychiatric Disorders and Healthy Controls. 2017 Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. Mar;78(3):e234-e243.
- Pan L, Ramos L, Segreti A, Brent D, Phillips M. Abnormally diminished right superior temporal gyrus volume in adolescents with a history of suicide attempt. British Journal of Psychiatry. 2015; 206(4):339-40
- Pan, LA and ML Phillips. Toward identification of neural markers of suicide risk in adolescents. Neuropsychopharmacology Reviews. 2014; 39(1):236-7.
- Thomas LA and De Bellis MD. Pituitary volumes in pediatric maltreatment related PTSD. Biological Psychiatry 2004, 55(7):752-758.
- Pan L and Vockley G. Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Inborn Errors of Metabolism: Incorporation of Genomic and Metabolomic Analysis into Therapeutics and Prevention. Current Genetic Medicine Reports. 2013, 1:1, 65-70.
- Pan LA, McKain BW, Madan-Khetarpal S, McGuire M, Diler R, Perel JM, Vockley J, and Brent DA. GTP-Cyclohydrolase Deficiency Responsive to Sapropterin and 5HTP Supplementation: Relief of Treatment-Refractory Depression and Suicidal Behavior. BMJ Case Reports, 9 June 2011.
- Pan LA. Adolescent Suicidal Behavior. Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry. Kupfer D and Brent DA (eds.) Oxford Press, UK 2008.
- Pan LA. Adolescent Depressive Disorders. Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry. Kupfer D and Brent DA (eds.) Oxford Press, UK 2008.
- Pan LA and Brent DA. Child and adolescent depressive disorders. Current Diagnosis and Treatment in Psychiatry. Nurcombe B, Ebert M, and Leckman J (eds.) McGraw-Hill Lange, NY 2008.
The Brain & Behavior Research Foundation (BBRF) has recognized two Department of Psychiatry researchers as part of its Top 10 Advancements & Breakthroughs of 2016 by researchers supported by NARSAD grants. "The top 10 discoveries were selected because of their significant contributions to our understanding of brain and behavior disorders as well as potential new treatments ," said Jeffrey Borenstein, MD, BBRF...
Hot Publication - Pan et al.
Neurometabolic disorders: Potentially treatable abnormalities in patients with treatment-refractory depression and suicidal behavior Pan LA, Martin P, Zimmer T, Segreti AM, Kassiff S, McKain BW, Baca CA, Rengasamy M, Hyland K, Walano N, Steinfeld R, Hughes M, Dobrowolski SK, Pasquino M, Diler D, Perel J, Finegold DN, Peters DG, Naviaux RK, Brent DA and Vockley J. American Journal of Psychiatry, 2017, 174(1):42-50...
Hot Publication - Biological Markers for Suicide Risk
Differential patterns of activity and functional connectivity in emotion processing neural circuitry to angry and happy faces in adolescents with and without suicide attempt. Pan LA, Hassel S, Segreti AM, Nau SA, Brent DA, Phillips ML. Suicidal behavior is a leading cause of morbidity and mortality in adolescence. Despite progress in understanding risk factors for suicidal behavior, the pathogenesis is poorly...