Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Molina, B. S. G., Joseph, H.M., H. L. Kipp, H.L., Lindstrom, R.A., Pedersen, S.L., Kolko, D.J., Bauer, D.J., and Subramaniam, G.A. (in press). Adolescents treated for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in pediatric primary care: Characterizing risk for stimulant diversion. Journal of Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics.
- Molina, B.S.G., Kipp, H.L., Joseph, H.M., Engster, S.A., Harty, S.C., Dawkins, M. Lindstrom, R.A., Bauer, D.J. & S. S. Bangalore, S.S. (2020). Stimulant diversion risk among college students treated for ADHD: Primary care provider prevention training. Academic Pediatrics, 20(1), 119-127. PMCID: PMC6899216
- Jones NP, Versace A, Lindstrom R, Wilson TK, Gnagy EM, Pelham WE Jr, Molina BSG, Ladouceur CD.(2020) Reduced activation in the pallidal-thalamic-motor pathway Is associated with deficits in reward-modulated inhibitory control in adults with a history of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Biol Psychiatry Cogn Neurosci Neuroimaging. 2020 (Dec;5(12):1123-1133. doi: 10.1016/j.bpsc.2020.06.011. Epub 2020 Jun 30. PMID: 32830098; PMCID: PMC7726013.
- Pedersen, S.L., Walther, C.A.P., Harty, S.C., Gnagy, E.M., Pelham, W.E., Molina, B.S.G. (2016). The indirect effects of childhood ADHD on alcohol problems in adulthood through unique facets of impulsivity. Addiction, 111(9), 1582-1589.
- Howard, A.L., Molina, B S.G., Swanson, J.M., Hinshaw, S.P., Belendiuk, K.A., Harty, S.C., Arnold, L.E., Abikoff, H.B., Hechtman, L., Stehli, A., Greenhill, L.L., Newcorn, J.H., & Wigal, T. (2015). Developmental progression to early adult binge drinking and marijuana use from worsening versus stable trajectories of adolescent ADHD and delinquency. Addiction, 110(5), 784-795.
From the Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology: Heterogeneous Trajectories of Problematic Alcohol Use, Depressive Symptoms, and their Co-Occurrence in Young Adults with and without Childhood ADHD
Are individuals who experience childhood attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) at greater risk for co-occurring problematic alcohol use and depressive symptoms in adulthood? In a recent study, researchers including Pitt Psychiatry investigators Frances Wang, PhD, Sarah Pedersen, PhD, Bernie Devlin, PhD, and Brooke Molina, PhD, examined heterogeneity among those with childhood ADHD that could be associated...
New Findings Published in Biological Psychiatry: Cognitive Neuroscience and Neuroimaging on the Neural Substrates of Inhibitory Control in ADHD
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is characterized by impairing cognitive and behavioral symptoms including inattention, hyperactivity or restlessness, and impulsivity, which interfere with important activities of daily functioning for children and adults. While ADHD is most common in young people, the disorder can continue beyond childhood in 15–35% of those affected. Moreover, many individuals with...
Catch Up on the UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital Podcast, Psychiatry Advances
Psychiatry Advances, the Department of Psychiatry podcast launched earlier this year, presents innovative research and patient-centered programs at the cutting edge of psychiatry and the behavioral sciences. The host of Psychiatry Advances is Loren Roth, MD, MPH, Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry. If you aren’t caught up with the latest, below are the episodes currently available to stream from the...
“This summer has been one of the most transformative times of my life”: The 10th Annual Center for Translational Mental Health Research Undergraduate Research Program
This summer marks the 10th year of the Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program, funded by the NIMH Conte Center for Translational Mental Health Research. The competitive 10-week summer program provides undergraduate students studying neuroscience, biology and psychology, among other fields, the opportunity to conduct hands-on, cutting-edge neuroscience research under the mentorship of clinical and basic...