Brandon C McKinney, MD, PhD
Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- McKinney B. C., Ding, Y., Lewis, D.A., Sweet, R.A.. DNA Methylation as a Mechanism for Reduced Dendritic Spine Density in Schizophrenia. Translational Psychiatry. 2017. (PMID: 28195572).
- McKinney B. C., Lin, H., Ding, Y., Lewis, D.A., Sweet, R.A., DNA methylation evidence against the accelerated aging hypothesis of schizophrenia. npj Schizophrenia. 2017. (PMID: 28560259).
- McKinney BC, Lin CW, Oh H, Tseng G, Lewis DA, Sibille E., Hypermethylation of BDNF and SST Genes in the Orbital Frontal Cortex of Older Individuals: A Putative Mechanism for Declining Gene Expression with Age. Neuropsychopharmacology 2015. (PMID: 25881116; PMCID: PMC4569950).
- McKinney B.C., Oh H., Sibille E., Age-by-Disease Biological Interactions: Implications for Late Life Depression. Front Genet, 3:237; 2012. (PMID: 23162569; PMCID: PMC3499806).
- McKinney B.C., Sibille E., The Age-by-Disease Interaction Hypothesis of Late-Life Depression. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2012. (PMID: 23570886; PMCID: PMC3549303).
Pitt Psychiatry News from the 2020 Annual Meeting of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology
“I think that everyone can agree that 2020 was not a traditional year. Following suit, ACNP 2020 was not a traditional meeting,” says Susanne Ahmari, MD, PhD, program chair for the 2020 American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP) Annual Meeting. “However, although it was not the meeting we expected to plan when I stepped into my term as program chair, it ended up being an incredible combination of old and...