2014 STAR-Center Conference May 16, 2014, 8:30 am - 3:30 pm William Pitt Union, University of Pittsburgh Oakland Campus
2014 STAR-Center Conference
David A. Brent, M.D. - Director, STAR-Center
Paula McCommons, Ed.D. - Director, STAR-Center Outreach
At the conclusion of this conference, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the frequency, clinical picture, motivation, and risk factors for non-suicidal self injury (NSSI) disorder.
- Describe an approach to assessment of NSSI.
- Explain the prognosis of NSSI, including an increased risk for suicidal behavior.
- Discuss efficacious intervention approaches.Identify major findings of research on children’s responses to mass trauma.
- Identify how children express their understandings of terrorism.Identify ways that adults can support children’s understanding of terrorist acts.Target
This program is appropriate for all clinical and educational personnel.
There is a $60 registration fee for this conference. Cost to employees of Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic is $30 (50% discount off the regular registration fee). The cost includes a light breakfast (coffee/tea/juices/muffins, etc.), training materials, and continuing education credits.
Full tuition must accompany the registration form. A $10 administration fee will be deducted from all refunds for cancellations. All refund requests must be in writing and received in the office no later than Thursday, May 15, 2014. Please return registration form by Monday, May 12, 2014.
Continuing Education Credits:
Continuing Education Credit is available for this program for Psychologists, Counselors, Licensed/Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists: LSW/LCSW/LPC/LMFT, PA Educators, and Other professionals. Please click here for detailed information about Continuing Education Credits.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FULL CONFERENCE PROGRAM.