Jay C Fournier, PhD
Education & Training
- Fournier, JC, Chase, HW, Almeida, J, Phillips, ML. (2014). Model Specification and the Reliability of fMRI Results: Implications for Longitudinal Neuroimaging Studies in Psychiatry. PLoS One, 9(8):e105169. PMCID: PMC4148299
- Fournier, JC, Chase, HW, Greenberg, T, Etkin, A, Almeida, JR, Stiffler, R, Deckersbach, T, Weyandt, S, Cooper, C, Toups, M, Carmody, T, Kurian, B, Peltier, S, Adams, P, McInnis, MG, Oquendo, MA, McGrath, PJ, Fava, M, Weissman, M, Parsey, R, Trivedi, MH, Phillips, ML. (2017). Neuroticism and Individual Differences in Neural Function in Unmedicated Major Depression: Findings from the EMBARC Study. Biological Psychiatry: Cognitive Neuroscience and Neuroimaging, 2(2), 138-148. NIHMSID: NIHMS845481
- Fournier, JC, Keener, MT, Mullin, B, Hafeman, DM, LaBarbara, EJ, Stiffler, RS, Almeida, J, Kronhaus, DM, Frank, E, Phillips, ML. (2013). Heterogeneity of amygdala response to happy faces in major depressive disorder: The impact of lifetime sub-threshold mania. Psychological Medicine, 43, 293-302. NIHMSID: NIHMS506212
- Fournier, JC, DeRubeis, RD, Hollon, SD, Dimidjian, S, Amsterdam, JD, Shelton, RC, Fawcett, J. (2010). Antidepressant drug effects and depression severity: A patient-level meta-analysis. Journal of the American Medical Association, 303, 47-53. NIHMSID: NIHMS483345
- Fournier, JC, DeRubeis, RJ, Gallop, B, Amsterdam, JD, Shelton, RC, Hollon, SD. (2009). Prediction of response to medication and cognitive therapy in the treatment of moderate to severe depression. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 77, 775787. PMCID: PMC2810269
Department Faculty Members and Student Researcher Receive ACNP Travel Awards
The American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP) selected three faculty members (Drs. Jay Fournier , Danella Hafeman and Judith Morgan ) and a Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) student (Dr. Wonjae Chung) in the Department of Psychiatry to receive travel awards. ACNP annually selects distinguished young scientists in the field of neuropsychopharmacology to receive these awards, which offer an...
JAMA Psychiatry - Bebko et al.
Parsing Dimensional vs Diagnostic Category: Related Patterns of Reward Circuitry Function in Behaviorally and Emotionally Dysregulated Youth in the Longitudinal Assessment of Manic Symptoms Study Bebko G, Bertocci MA, Fournier JC, Hinze AK, Bonar L, Almeida JRC, Perlman SB, Versace A, Schirda C, Travis M, Gill MK, Demeter C, Diwadkar VA, Ciuffetelli G, Rodriguez E, Olino T, Forbes E, Sunshine JL, Holland SK,...
Career Development Awards are an Important Step in Transition to Next Phase of Research Careers
The Department of Psychiatry is a model of success for K awardees. The Department's successful funding rate for federal career development (K) awards is twice the national average, and typically 30-40 funded K awards are active at any given time. The keys to this success include the research environment, the generous availability of existing research funding, an outstanding collection of mentors, and very strong...
Jay Fournier, PhD Joins Faculty
Jay Fournier, PhD Appointed to Department Faculty The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine has appointed Jay Fournier, PhD, as an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry. Dr. Fournier earned a master's and a doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania and is a graduate of the APA-Accredited Clinical Psychology Internship program at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC...