Education & Training
Selected Honors & Awards
- Harty, S.C., Gnagy, E.M., Pelham, W.E., & Molina, B.S.G. (2017). Anger-irritability as a mediator of ADHD risk for adolescent alcohol use and the contribution of coping skills. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 58(5), 555-563.
- Lisdahl, K.M., Tamm, L., Epstein, J.N., Jernigan, T., Molina, B., Hinshaw, S.P., Swanson, J.M., Newman, E., Kelly, C., Bjork, J. & MTA Neuroimaging Group. (2016). The impact of ADHD persistence, recent cannabis use, and age of regular cannabis use onset on subcortical volume and cortical thickness in young adults. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 161, 135-146.
- Pedersen, S.L., Walther, C.A.P., Harty, S.C., Gnagy, E.M., Pelham, W.E., Molina, B.S.G. (2016). The indirect effects of childhood ADHD on alcohol problems in adulthood through unique facets of impulsivity. Addiction, 111(9), 1582-1589.
- Howard, A.L., Molina, B S.G., Swanson, J.M., Hinshaw, S.P., Belendiuk, K.A., Harty, S.C., Arnold, L.E., Abikoff, H.B., Hechtman, L., Stehli, A., Greenhill, L.L., Newcorn, J.H., & Wigal, T. (2015). Developmental progression to early adult binge drinking and marijuana use from worsening versus stable trajectories of adolescent ADHD and delinquency. Addiction, 110(5), 784-795.
- Molina, B.S.G., Walther, C.A.P., Cheong, J., Pedersen, S., Gnagy, E.M., & Pelham, W.E. (2014). Heavy alcohol use in early adulthood as a function of childhood ADHD: Developmentally-specific mediation by social impairment and delinquency. Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 22 (2), 110-121
Dr. Brooke Molina Reports in the Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry that Risk for Adult Substance Use Among Children with ADHD Begins at a Young Age
Findings of long-term substance use risk for children diagnosed with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) are generally inconsistent. This observational follow-up of the Multimodal Treatment Study of Children with ADHD (MTA) provided an opportunity to assess long-term outcomes in a large, diverse, carefully diagnosed sample. The multi-site study led by Brooke Molina, PhD , Professor of Psychiatry,...
2017 UPPDA Awards
Congratulations to Brooke Molina, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry, Psychology, and Pediatrics, and Gabriela Alarcon, PhD, a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Psychiatry, on their receipt of awards from the University of Pittsburgh Postdoctoral Association (UPPDA) at its annual Data & Dine Symposium. The annual event features a poster session and a dinner honoring postdoctoral associates and scholars,...
Hot Publication - Molina & Colleagues
Change Over Time in Adolescent and Friend Alcohol Use: Differential Associations for Youth With and Without Childhood Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Belendiuk KA, Pedersen SL, King KM, Pelham WE and Molina BS Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 2015, Published Online Individuals with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) are at increased risk for experiencing alcohol-related problems by...
Hot Publication - Molina et al.
Adolescent Substance Use in the Multimodal Treatment Study of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) as a Function of Childhood ADHD, Random Assignment to Childhood Treatments, and Subsequent Medication Molina BSG, Hinshaw SP, Arnold LE, Swanson JM, Pelham WE, Hechtman L, Hoza B, Epstein JN, Wigal T, Abikoff HB, Greenhill LL, Jensen PS, Wells KC, Vitiello B, Gibbons RD, Howard A, Houck PR, Hur K, Lu B,...